I know a lot of people assume eating a plant based diet means boring salads and carrot sticks, but let me tell you, there are lots of really delicious, hearty vegan recipes out there. This vegan veggie curry recipe is the perfect example! This recipe is one of my family’s absolute favorites. We are able to find all of the ingredients with minimal or no packaging at all. It’s easy to prepare this recipe quickly, and it’s also really filling.
This is actually one of the 28 recipes you can find in my cookbook, The Zero Waste Vegan Cookbook. I wanted to give you a sneak peak into the cookbook in case you’ve been on the fence about investing in your own digital copy. The cookbook includes a month’s worth of low waste, healthy, plant based recipes. Give this vegan veggie curry recipe a try, and if you like it, be sure to check out The Zero Waste Vegan Cookbook for more tasty plant based dinner inspo.
Vegan Veggie Curry Recipe
Makes 4 Servings
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
13.5oz coconut milk
1 cup tomato, diced
1/2 cup green peas
4 cups cooked rice for serving
salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Stir in onion, and cook until onion is tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, coconut milk, and tomato, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook covered for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
You might also enjoy this blog post from Tiny Yellow Bungalow! Vegan Collard Greens & Rice Recipe
If you’re in need of more zero waste and vegan recipe inspiration, head over to the Tiny Yellow Bungalow Pinterest page!