Reusable Cotton Produce Storage Bag For Longer Lasting Produce
KEEPS YOUR PRODUCE FRESHER FOR LONGER using this reusable cotton produce storage bag!
UNIQUE 3 LAYER DESIGN
This Cotton Produce Storage Bag, The Swag, is made out of three different/unique layers of 100% natural, unbleached, unseeded cotton materials. Each of the three layers plays a significant role in keeping your fresh produce fresher for much longer!
1. THE LAYER THAT PROTECTS YOUR FRUIT & VEGGIES
The robust outer layer of The Swag protects your fruit & veggies by preserving the water within the middle layer from drying out too quickly.
2. THE LAYER THAT LETS YOUR FRUIT & VEGGIES HYDRATE
The thick, absorbent middle layer holds the bulk of the moisture. This layer draws the water away from the fresh produce yet allows it to hydrate as needed.
3. THE LAYER THAT LETS YOUR FRUIT & VEGGIES BREATHE
The inner layer of The Swag provides a dryer protection barrier however as all three layers are permeable, they allow your fruit & veggies to breathe and stay Fresher for Longer.
The Swag not only saves you money – it saves time! Less rummaging through your fridge and less trips to the shops! Our lightweight produce bags are also great to use within your Swags in order to keep loose things like snow peas or loose-leaf spinach contained.
The Swag core features are;
- Swags Love to be machine washed in cold water
- Colour coded trim so you know what’s in each Swag
- Made from several unique layers of 100% unbleached, unseeded cotton
- Patented (US Patent No. 10,179,687 Australian Patent No. 2015221423 South African Patent No 2016/06336, European Patent No. 3107829 International Patents Pending)
- 100% compostable (excluding care label)
- ethically and fair-trade produce (SEDEX)
- ‘How to Use’ Information booklet is rolled into each single Swag
- a dollar portion of each product sold or given away is donated to Destiny Rescue
How to use your Swags;
Machine wash before use. Dampen Swags under the tap and wring out excess water. Pack fruit, veggies and leafy greens into your Swags and place in the crisper of the fridge. BOOM! TWO Weeks or more of freshness (on average).
Every two-three weeks, turn inside out, empty crumbs and cold machine wash preferably with plant-based washing powder. Dry in full sun if possible.
Small – Width: 37cm X Height: 38cm (opened up and including flap height) 37cm x 24cm not including the flap.
Large – Width: 42cm x Height:52cm (opened up and including flap height) 42cm x 38cm not including the flap.
Long – Width: 52cm X Height: 38cm (opened up and including flap height) 52cm x 24cm not including the flap.
The Small Swag is perfect for smaller vegetables such as grapes, several bunches of herbs, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes etc. You can have a combination of fruits, veggies and leafy greens in one Swag.
The Large Swag is perfect to store a large variety of fruit, veggies and leafy greens of any size.
The Long Swag is mostly used to store longer vegetables such as; celery, spinach and leeks however you can put fruits & veggies that aren’t long or perhaps several bunches of herbs and fold it in half to make it more compact.
If you’re new to zero waste, be sure to head over to the Tiny Yellow Bungalow blog and read our blog post, Beginner’s Guide to Zero Waste!
Lastly, for more great zero waste tips, check out our Zero Waste Lifestyle Pinterest board!