One question I get asked quite often, is how do I get started with a zero waste lifestyle? I’ve whipped up a beginner’s guide to zero waste to help those feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. From mason jars to bamboo toothbrushes, I’ve got the basics of zero waste covered for you right here. I’ve included links to zero waste articles and products you might need in your journey throughout the steps! 🙂
5 Things You Can Do Right Now Towards Zero Waste
- Say No to Plastic Water Bottles
- Bring Your Own Coffee Mug
- Say No to Plastic Single Use Drinking Straws
- Bring Your Own Shopping Bags
- Eliminate Paper Towels, Choose to Reuse Dish Towels Instead.
Ok, you’ve got the basics. If you’re ready to dive further into zero waste, here are some more simple steps towards zero waste.
- Switch to using a Bamboo Toothbrush instead of plastic disposable toothbrushes
- Start carrying your own Produce Bags at the grocery store, to eliminate single use plastic produce bags
- Use Soap Bars & Shampoo Bars instead of plastic bottled liquid soap
- Use a Handkerchief rather than disposable tissues
- Use Compostable Loofahs instead of sponges in the kitchen.
Are you ready to be a hardcore Zero Waster?! Let’s do this!
- Start shopping the bulk bins at your grocery store using Reusable Bulk Bags and mason jars
- Use a Safety Razor & Shave Soap Bar instead of disposable plastic razors and shaving foam
- For the ladies, switch to Reusable Menstrual Products
- Shop Secondhand, instead of purchasing new
- Begin Composting at your house (My all time fave zero waste switch!)
Have you started eliminating household waste!? What have been your challenges and struggles? What’s your favorite ZW switch?